Saturday, August 19, 2006

From The "Actual Conversation With An Actual Customer" File

Me: Giant Corporate Pharmacy, may I help you?"

Customer: "Yes, I'm calling for two reasons. First is to get a prescription refill, second is to tell you about a letter I got from Blue Cross saying they would no longer cover it"

Me: "So you have new insurance?"

Them: "No."

Me: "OK......You're paying for it yourself?"

Them: "No, I want it billed to my Blue Cross"

Me: "The same Blue Cross that sent you the letter?"

Them: "Yes"

I paused for a few seconds to see if it would sink in. It didn't, and another little piece of me died.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The following is one of my favorite customer-insurance interactions:

Me: Do you have a new insurance card?

Them: Yes.

Me: I'll need to see it.

Them: I didn't bring it with me.

Me: Well, I can't bill them without the card.

Them: What do you mean? Doesn't it update automatically in your computer?

Me: Huh?

My other favorite answer to the new insurance card question is:

Them: Its on file at Walgreens.

Me: This isn't Walgreens.

Them: What do you mean....aren't all of your computers connected?

Anonymous said...

Me: Do you have new insurance?

Them: Yes.

Me: Do you have the card with you?

Them: No.

Me: I'll need to see the card.

Them: Why?

Followed by my stabbing the customer in the eyeball with my favorite pen.

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

I always try to use the shitty pens when stabbing a customer.....